Open SiteMaster (OSM) 2.0 is Optel Vision’s new interoperable site server software for serialisation data management. Located at the plant level, OSM masters the entire serialisation process, streamlining the data exchanges between various systems, while adapting to your specific IT environment and business logic.
Expert serialisation functions
OSM offers all the features and capabilities a branded or generic pharma may need, and takes them to the next level, allowing you to fully control and oversee all serialisation actions.
- Process order repository: OSM can request or directly receive process orders from the ERP system to handle and allocate them for local packaging.
- Serial number management: Right out of the box, OSM supports several types of coding: SGTIN, SSCC and custom serial numbers, as well as barcodes such as GS1 Application Identifiers, Chinese E-Code, Brazil IUM, Data Matrix, etc. Moreover, OSM can allocate serial numbers in different ways—sequential, random, pre-randomised, or shuffled. It can also cache serial numbers for multiple lots; restock when set threshold is reached; obtain serial numbers on a lot basis; and even generate numbers locally.
- Serialisation Reporting (EPCIS): After a serialised batch, OSM can locally store and display various reports—reconciliation, performance, inspection, batch, audit—for all lines and send them to the serialisation database or corporate EPCIS repository. Plus, OSM has the unique ability to act as a temporary in-batch EPCIS repository for a broken flow or a palletising room.
- Production Master Data (Recipes): With OSM, production parameters can originate from the ERP, OSM master data, or a combination of both.
- Central Configuration Point: OSM can be a single point of entry for all line set ups — no need to go from line to line. One can create recipes; establish batch flow configurations; set up multiple flows; assign recipes to customers or markets; set triggers; add more steps to your process (e.g. pallet, shipping), select report formats, etc.
Plus, the agility of open scripts
To maximise customisation, OSM includes an exclusive open scripting feature that allows it to accommodate each and every unique process and IT environment. This includes connecting to any system and any vendor, allowing you to control all the different applicable machines on your lines, under one serialisation umbrella.
In addition, these open-source script files enable you to extend OSM’s functionalities and IT connectivity as required. Using Python, your IT professionals can create all the scripts needed for OSM to run according to your specific infrastructure. There is one script per connection, and an unlimited number of connections are permitted, allowing you to interface with as many corporate repositories as you need. And the best part is that any time an IT interface changes, only the associated script must be updated—not the entire system.